This is the best way to visit outback Queensland and experience life on an outback Australia cattle ranch. A 5 day ‘experience’ (either “Farm Skills” or “Advanced Horse skills” on Halton cattle ranch PLUS a 4 day Outback Australia safari (check the route overview here) for just €1,500 / £1,356…and you can pay it off over 3 payments!
WHY DO IT?
This is a unique combination of events and there are only 6 vacancies per event. The “Farm Skills” experience will give you hands-on experience working on a genuine outback cattle ranch which will help you qualify for Australian ranch jobs. The “Advanced Horse Skills” experience (not for beginners) will involve plenty of riding Australian stock horses and will definitely be a very memorable horse riding holiday in Australia! The awesome Outback Safari starts the day after the experiences end and will take you well off the regular tourist track.
- Thursday: Afternoon Pickup Charleville campfire dinner at Halton
- Fri to Tue: FarmSkills or Advanced Horse Skills Experience. Private room in renovated Shearers Quarters, all meals with drinks
- Wed: Halton to Quilpie, sightseeing around Quilpie, Opals etc. Stay in local Pub. Pub dinner and drinks not included
- Thurs: Quilpie to Adavale. Explore around Adavale, Camp by river, campfire dinner under the stars
- Fri: Adavale to Tambo. Stay in classic Outback pub. Pub dinner and drinks not included.
- Sat: Tambo to Halton. All meals, Private room in Shearer’s quarters, call ranch owners about jobs
- Sun: Washing, packing, explore Halton by motorbike, quad-bike or horse if you completed the “Advanced Horse skills” experience
- 11 nights accommodation in restored, traditional shearers quarters with internet access, outback pubs and camping under the stars
- 30 meals, all breakfasts, lunches, dinner with drinks at Halton (23 meals), Breakfasts, lunches, dinners on safari (7 meals, dinner and drinks in town excluded)
- Four day, 900 km outback Australia safari (that’s longer than the length of Great Britain!) through the rugged Australian outback visiting outback towns of Charleville, Quilpie, Adavale and Tambo (two nights accom in outback pubs, one night camping)
- Choice of 5 day outback experiences; Either 5 day all inclusive “Farm Skilled” course learning the skills required for a job on a cattle or sheep ranch -OR- 5 day all inclusive “Advanced Horse Skills”
- One year access to restricted Farm jobs listing
- Personal, hands-on training on the ‘experience’/course of your choice
- Experience the real outback well off the regular traveler route
- See many of wild animals that live here like Kangaroos, Wallabys and Emus (maybe also some of the nastier kind!)
- Meet the locals, real characters who live, work in and love the outback
- Sleep under the under the stars and see the stunning Milky Way at night without lights and pollution
- Short driving days so you can explore on foot